Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Good afternoon class,

Welcome to our blog for Lecturas y Videos. I will use this format to communicate announcements and assignments, share exercises or prompts, create a public place where your work can be published, and to build community. 

You will use this blog to respond to readings, keep a journal, practice writing, and create a showcase for projects, among other things.

Sincerely, 

Mr. Zeller

21 comments:

  1. Hi !! 😊 good luck, good writers !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mr.Zeller i have found you on internet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever experienced the feeling of wanting some good tacos at the end of the day or to enjoy them with someone? You may know that in Mexico City there are thousands of taquerias, but we all have our special one, that one in which the taquero welcomes you as if you were already home. My one and only place is called The Taqueria El Huequito. The smell of grilled meat from the trompo al pastor makes the taqueria favorite dish, el volcan; every single sip taken from the Horchata water will lead to joy and freshness while at the end of the meal the dessert called Flan Napolitano will make both senses, smell and taste, to be grateful by the sweetness of the caramel.

    From the moment you sit down at the taqueria tables, you know this meal es meant to be unique. The volcan dish may transport everyone who loves tacos to one of the best moments of their day. Handmade tortillas make the volcan unique and special, although the most outstanding thing would be the homemade green salsa on top of sliced meat from the trompo al pastor.

    I often see people ordering sodas to accompany their meal, nevertheless the best choice is the fresh horchata. Smooth and mild, it allows the drinker to appreciate a taste that cannot be found anywhere else; the combination of rice, sugar, and the little twist of cinnamon cause everybody realize this is the right choice of place.

    The summit is when the dessert comes to the table. It is shaped like a jewel. The fragrance of caramel is the perfect touch. The Flan Napolitano would be an explosion of caramel in your mouth. Each bite will be like tasting a little piece of paradise.

    To experience The Huequito Taqueria is to guarantee the perfect end of a journey. It leaves to anyone a pleasant feeling. The volcans scent, the mildness of the horchata water, and the heavenly bites from the Flan Napolitano, are some factors that won't allow anyone to forget this place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Cheesecake Factory

    What can be better in this world than knowing where I'm going to eat when I'm starving. It is even better realizing that place is going to be The Cheesecake Factory. There's nothing like this place. It satisfies all my cravings. The Cheesecake Factory has exactly what I need: huge caesar salads, chicken parmigiana, and last but not least, the delicious carrot cake.

    The moment the order arrives, and the people at other tables stare at the marvelous dish, that's when my stomach starts growling the most. I feel full of joy when I see the huge Caesar salad in front of me, with all the juicy lettuce and then chop into it with a fork the crunchy croutons covered in taste Caesar dressing. It is even better smelling the smoke rising from the hot grilled chicken. I can't wait to savour it.

    Next to me is the breaded and fried chicken, smothered with tomato sauce and covered with parmesan cheese. The way the cheese melts all over the plate and the tomato sauce is pure joy. I don't know how they do it. What a dish!

    To finish this meal worthy of the Gods, I always ask for my favourite, delicious carrot cake. It may be just one slice of cake, bit for me it is an enormous mountain full of sweetness and flavour. It's like the lay's slogan, " you can't just have one... Bite" .

    And that's why coming to the Cheesecake Factory is never a mistake, it will be the best idea that I'll have that day. This place will always satisfy everyone's cravings. I mean, who doesn't love a good salad? or a very sweet slice of cake before a meal?. Only one place will do, and it is The Cheesecake Factory.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Cheesecake Factory

    What can be better in this world than knowing where I'm going to eat when I'm starving. It is even better realizing that place is going to be The Cheesecake Factory. There's nothing like this place. It satisfies all my cravings. The Cheesecake Factory has exactly what I need: huge caesar salads, chicken parmigiana, and last but not least, the delicious carrot cake.

    The moment the order arrives, and the people at other tables stare at the marvelous dish, that's when my stomach starts growling the most. I feel full of joy when I see the huge Caesar salad in front of me, with all the juicy lettuce and then chop into it with a fork the crunchy croutons covered in taste Caesar dressing. It is even better smelling the smoke rising from the hot grilled chicken. I can't wait to savour it.

    Next to me is the breaded and fried chicken, smothered with tomato sauce and covered with parmesan cheese. The way the cheese melts all over the plate and the tomato sauce is pure joy. I don't know how they do it. What a dish!

    To finish this meal worthy of the Gods, I always ask for my favourite, delicious carrot cake. It may be just one slice of cake, bit for me it is an enormous mountain full of sweetness and flavour. It's like the lay's slogan, " you can't just have one... Bite" .

    And that's why coming to the Cheesecake Factory is never a mistake, it will be the best idea that I'll have that day. This place will always satisfy everyone's cravings. I mean, who doesn't love a good salad? or a very sweet slice of cake before a meal?. Only one place will do, and it is The Cheesecake Factory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Job, Alexa. Can you post it on your blog besides having it as a comment?

      Delete
  7. http://alelecturasyvideos.blogspot.mx/2015/08/alejandras-writing-blog-august-28-2015.html

    Alejandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://lecturasyvideosdanielaburgueno.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://rafatoriceslectyvid.blogspot.mx/2015/09/olive-garden-theres-no-better.html
    Rafa Torices :)

    ReplyDelete